Deploying database utilities
If you need to deploy database utilities (such as dbbackup) along with your application, then you need the utility executable
together with the following additional files:
||Mac OS X
| Database tools library
|| libdbtool11.so, libdbtasks11.so
| Interface Library
| Language resource library
| Connect window
| Pre-10 physical store library
- For multi-threaded applications on Linux/Unix, use libdbtool11_r.so, libdbtasks11_r.so, and libdblib11_r.so.
- For multi-threaded applications on Mac OS X, use libdbtool11_r.dylib, libdbtasks11_r.dylib, and libdblib11_r.dylib.
- The pre-10 physical store library is required by some utilities (dblog, dbtran, dberase) in order to access pre-version 10.0.0
log files. If you are not deploying these utilities, then you do not require this library.
- The personal database server (dbeng11) is required for creating databases using the dbinit utility. It is also required if
you are creating databases from Sybase Central on the local computer when no other database servers are running. See Deploying database servers.
- The dbunload utility may require the contents of the scripts directory to be present. See Deploying SQL script files.