Features not supported for remote data
The following SQL Anywhere features are not supported on remote data:
- ALTER TABLE statement against remote tables.
- Triggers defined on proxy tables.
- SQL Remote.
- Foreign keys that refer to remote tables.
- READTEXT, WRITETEXT, and TEXTPTR functions.
- Positioned UPDATE and DELETE statements.
- UPDATE and DELETE statements requiring an intermediate temporary table.
- Backward scrolling on cursors opened against remote data. Fetch statements must be NEXT or RELATIVE 1.
- If a column on a remote table has a name that is a keyword on the remote server, you cannot access data in that column. You
can execute a CREATE EXISTING TABLE statement, and import the definition but you cannot select that column.
- Calls to functions that contain an expression that references a proxy table.