Using the Extraction utility from Sybase Central
This section describes how to extract a database for a remote user from the current consolidated database. This section applies
only to SQL Anywhere consolidated databases.
When you complete the Extract Database Wizard, it does the following on your machine:
- Creates the remote database
- Extracts (unloads) the relevant structures and/or data from the consolidated database to files
- Loads those files into the newly created remote database
To extract a database for a remote user (Sybase Central)
From the Tools menu, choose SQL Anywhere 11 » Extract Database.
Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- You can also access this wizard by choosing Tools » SQL Anywhere 11 » Extract Database.
- You can also invoke the Extract Database Wizard for a particular database or for a particular remote user—Sybase Central automatically fills in the appropriate entries in
- The Extract Database Wizard always extracts (synchronizes) the remote database using the WITH SYNCHRONIZATION option. In those rare cases where you don't
want to use this option, you must use the dbxtract utility instead.
- Only tables for users selected in the Configure Owner Filter window appear in the Extract Database Wizard. If you want to view tables belonging to a particular database user, right-click the database you are unloading, choose Configure Owner Filter, and then select the desired user in the resulting window.
- For information about the Extraction utility options, available as command line options or as choices presented by the Extract Database Wizard, see Extraction utility.