Deploy an UltraLite and UltraLite Java edition database to devices
You can use one of the following techniques to get the initial database file onto the device:
- Use the UltraLite API in your application to create the initial database file.
- Create a schema file from a SQL script and use the ALTER DATABASE SCHEMA FROM FILE statement.1
- Use UltraLite FileTransfer methods to download the initial database file if it does not already exist on the device.
- Bundle the initial database with the application.1
- When deploying to a Windows or Windows Mobile device, use central administration to send down the initial UDB file, or send
a command to create the initial database file and execute SQL to give it schema.1
1 Not supported for UltraLite Java edition databases.