Use the SQL Anywhere Monitor to monitor individual tenant databases in the cloud.
Your cloud must be activated.
Install the Monitor on a computer that can make TCP/IP connections to the host in your
- Open the Monitor in your browser using the following URL: http://computer-name:4950.
- Log in to the Monitor as an administrator. The default user name is admin and the password is admin.
- In the Tools menu on the left side, click Administration and add the resource to be monitored.
- In the Administration window, click Add.
- Click SQL Anywhere Server and click Next.
- Type a name for your tenant database in the Name field, and then click Next.
- In the Host field, type the name of the cloud host that you want to add the database to.
- In the Port field, type the port number. If you are connecting to a cloud server that is running on the default port (2638), then you can leave this field blank.
- The Server field value is optional.
- In the Database field, type the name of the tenant database you want to monitor and click Create.
- Add a dashboard for your tenant database by clicking Add New in the Dashboards pane and following the instructions. Alternatively, clicking the newly added resource in the Overview dashboard's Resource List automatically creates and shows the dashboard for the new resource.
You can now use the Monitor to verify the health and availability of a database running in the cloud.