Connect to a database that is currently running in the cloud by using the Connect window with the Connect to a running database in a cloud option.
To connect to a database in the cloud, supply at minimum the host name, the port number, the name of the database, and the user ID and password for the database.
To ensure that you can connect to the cloud, specify the hosts and ports for cloud servers that are using fixed ports and that are expected to be running all the time.
- In SQL Central or Interactive SQL, open the Connect window.
- Complete the following fields:
- In the Authentication dropdown list, click Database.
- In the User ID field, type a user name. For example, type DBA.
- In the Password field, type a password for the user. For example, type sql.
- In the Action dropdown list, click Connect to a running database in a cloud.
- In the Host field, type the host name of any cloud server that uses fixed ports.
- In the Port field, type the TCP/IP port of the cloud server.
- In the Database Name field, type the name of the database. For example, type Tenant1.
- Optional: To specify the NodeType (NODE) connection parameter, click the Advanced Options tab and select the desired node type in the Value field for the NodeType parameter.
- Optional: To obtain a copy of the connection string that is created with this window, click .
- Click Connect.
The administration tool connects to the database.