Add software packages to the cloud for later installation.
You must have the InstallUpdateSoftware privilege.
You must access the SAP SQL Anywhere, on-demand edition software from SAP and save it to a
local directory on your cloud's primary partner.
A software package is comprised of either cloud server software, or cloud infrastructure
software, which includes a copy of cloud server software.
- On the Events panel, click Run new
- Click AddCloudSoftwareUpdateFromFile and then click
Next and follow the instructions to upload the software to the
- (Optional) To improve load balancing when upgrading the cloud or installing cloud server
software, use the CopyCloudSoftware task to create copies of the software on different hosts.
Copying the software to multiple hosts allows those hosts to participate in installing the
software on all hosts in the cloud.
The cloud software is added to the cloud and is now available for installation.
You can now:
- Upgrade the cloud by installing the cloud infrastructure software.
- Add a host to the cloud by creating a new host install.
- Install the cloud server software on a host.