Working with UltraLite users
User IDs and passwords are encrypted in the UltraLite database, so you can only view the list of defined users in Sybase Central.
UltraLite user IDs are not the same as MobiLink user names or SQL Anywhere user IDs.
When creating unique user IDs, bear the following limitations in mind:
- UltraLite supports up to four unique users per database.
- Both the user ID and password values have a limit of 31 characters.
- Passwords are always case sensitive and user IDs are always case insensitive. You can change a password anytime from Sybase
- Any leading or trailing spaces the user ID are ignored. The user ID cannot include leading single quotes('), leading double
quotes ("), or semicolons(;).
- You cannot change a user ID once it is created. Instead, you must delete the user ID and then add a new one.
- Passwords can be changed using Sybase Central.
Adding a new UltraLite user
Deleting an existing UltraLite user